I’m often asked “how can I become more stylish”. That’s a tricky question because (believe it or not) achieving a winning individual style doesn’t happen overnight. There are things that stylish people do to get their results.
Consider the following tips to get more stylish:
- Dress for yourself and not for anyone else.
- Be a smart shopper. Only buy what you love and know what will look great.
- Wear clothes that fit you well and colors that flatter you.
- Buy items that have flexibility. Items that will go with more than one other item in you wardrobe and buy quality whenever you can.
- Don’t be a slave to fashion, add something new, only if it fits in with your style personality. Do not feel pressured into thinking you have to wear every trend.
- Have a “go to look” that you repeat with minor variations.
- Your outfits should always be appropriate to the weather and occasion.
- Use accessories to enhance your look.
- Keep clothing in good repair. Don’t go out in stained clothing, torn clothing, or ragged shoes.
- Wear your clothing with a flair that’s unique to you (i.e, push up your sleeves, tie a shirt, mix bold colors, etc).
If all else fails, hire a stylist to help.